These are propriety rights granted to the owner preventing unauthorised production, selling or use of an invention by third parties for a limited time and place.
For patent, the invention is required to have the qualities of innovation, industrial applicability and excessing the prior art.
For utility models, innovation and industrial applicability criteria are sufficient.
The followings are the services provided by Başkent Patent in registration process of patents and utility models.
- Preliminary search before application on the TPE database and international data base
- Drawing up the specifications and claims.
- Preparation and filing of national, regional and international applications
- Preparation of overseas patent applications (PCT, EPC, EPO)
- Responding to notices from official bodies
- Drawing up, filing and following oppositions and invalidity procedures
- Sending the patent certificates to applicants upon the completion of registration processes
- • Following up patent bulletins, carrying out oppositions for similar patents
- • Registration related procedures like assignment, licence, change of address
- • Annuity procedures to maintain patent rights